Sunday, June 17, 2012


As mentioned last week, here's another look at using the Flash Bar inside. These were taken as the sun set at a friend's wedding, indoors, with very little natural light present. The shot on the left was taken without a flash, the sun's last rays were shining on the faces of these two gents and I assumed that'd be enough; not really. I feel like this one would have been over-exposed had I used a flash unless I stepped back another couple paces anyway. But that's there to show you what should probably be your lowest amount of indoor light in order to get ANYTHING to show up in the shot. I have another one that I shot without the flash a little later and it's all just black... not going to upload it.
The center photo is an illustration of proper flash use but standing a little too close to the subjects, as you can see by the lack of detail in the shirt and lack of color in the faces. If they catch (and reflect) too much light the image will look like this. All you have to do to combat this is try to stand at least 6' from your subject when using the flash.
The last shot is what an indoor low-light flash shot should look like. It was definitely the best of the night. I was about 8' feet from everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment